After endless hours of scouring the interwebs, pinning, laughing, & “O.M.G!”s, I have finally achieved the ultimate victory… the perfect collection of rad-retro, gleefully-geeky DIY’s & tutorials!! For lumpin’ sake, guys, it took me, liek, forever..! (it feels) NOW, I bring to you: 9 TOTALLY RAD & GEEKY DIY’s!
These are some of my favourites, & they’re all on my Pinterest board “Geeky DIYs”, of course. 😉
- Knit Mushroom Hand Warmers from Vickie Howell
- USB PEZ dispenser from CraftyCrafty (still works as PEZ dispenser!)
- Linux Penguin Knitting Pattern for mittens from Flibbertigibbet
- Circuit board Lamps by IKEA Hackers
- Upcyled Cassette Coin Purse from Chezlin
- Mac-O-Lantern’s from Fusebox
- Rubik’s Cube Halloween Costume by Peterthehun
- Spirograph Necklace by supersoftdrink (I ADORED those toys as a kid!!)
- Make Your Own Muppet with Jim Henson (video!)
Anyone know any other retro geek crafts I should try out?? I can’t wait to create those kick-@$$ circuit board lamps!! And that PEZ dispensing USB..! And that sweet Spirograph necklace..! Aww, heck, I can’t wait to make them all! 😀 (Though I doubt I’ll get to do that Mac-O-Lantern one anytime soon… :\ Still, it’s pretty cool, eh?)
Tomorrow’s another Free-for-All Friday!! ‘Til then!
— Elise M. Gross