Good afternoon y’all! ;D
Before I started blogging, I had never heard of a link up, & even now it still seems a little mysterious..! o_O; Normally, Technology Thursdays will cover different useful apps, items, & other things useful for crafters, but today it’s geared more towards bloggers.
Join me as I discover what the heck a link up is!! 😀
First, I hit up Yahoo Answers, which tells me:
“…it’s something like a blog carnival, where bloggers get together and share their links regarding a certain topic..” (answer from Julian at www.thelonelycomputer.org)
Hmm…okay, I think I can dig that…& based on conotation, I can probably safely figure that you follow these steps:
- Find a link up in an area you’re interested in joining.
- Read the rules, follow the instructions.
- Grab the “link up” button to add to your blog/site.
- Paste said button on your blog/post/site/whatever!
- Copy the URL of the page where you posted said button, return to the “link up” page, paste your URL & link up! 😀
- Have fun!
With that in mind, I decided to try a couple of link ups from Texas Women Bloggers (since I’m “Miss August” there, anyway! ;D Hehe!) Here’s what I’ve joined:
1. What part of Texas do you call home? The DFW area is where I rest my laurels!
2. How long have you been blogging? Not counting the online journals we all had as teenagers, Maybe a few months now?
3. Why did you start blogging? I really love crafting, & wanted to share all the neat things I make with everyone else! I’ve often had people ask me how I made something, so blogging seemed like a natural way to share tips & tricks. 🙂
4. When we visit your blog, what can we expect to discover? Generally, I’ll post up crafty goodness, with a dash of geeky for good measure. 😉
5. How did you come up with your Blog Title and what is its meaning? CheekyGeeks — honestly, an old friend used to go around calling me (and plenty others) a “cheeky monkey,” & since I am still quite a bit cheeky, & a geek, CheekyGeeks was born! It’s plural because ocassionaly my Mum & my G’ma are supposed to post, as well, & we’re nothing if not cheeky! ;P
6. What do you love about being part of Texas Women Bloggers? First of all, TEXAS, duh. xD Secondly, I love the idea of a group of women of all sorts of backgrounds getting together to chat & while the time away sharing stories & knowledge. Love it!!
7. Who inspires you to blog? Hmm…that’s an interesting question… Unsurprisingly, though, I’m gonna go with my blogging buddy Sevi — her honest & amusing antidotes are like a breath of fresh air — I love that you can see who she is in her writings. Her stuff is one of the blogs I actually make a point to check often. Plus, she’s a pretty consistant poster (she recently made it to her 100th post! Woo!!), so I’ve made it my mission to be as consistent as her! (There are times I get a bit distracted by life..! :\ I don’t want to become lax!)
8. If you could pick a favorite blog post from this past year, what would it be? Hoo! Well, there’s not much to pick from, but… lemme’ look! [scans through] Okay, I’m quite fond of my paper rose tutorial using upcycled junk mail! (I even listed it in the tutorial section up top!) Check it out — it’s so fun!! & it’s gotten LOADS of compliments & questions from the people up at work — so many, in fact, Mrs. Debbie (who I gave it to) ended up taking it back to the office, because it was too distracting up in reception! :S
As a final note, if you’re interested in joining one of the many, many link up’s on the interwebs, a simple google search can get you what you need. For example, I searched for “craft blog link ups” & came upon this fantabulous page where the lovely Kelly @ Running with Glitter lists an abundance of link ups one can join! I’ll be perusing them later at my lesiure for sure. 😉 (& persuing her blog, because it looks AMAZING! Who doesn’t love glitter?!)
With that, I bid y’all adu. Tomorrow I run a multitude of errands & Saturday I begin a campain in the fantastical world of D&D! 😀
Do any of you have any technological related questions you’d like answered?
— Elise M. Gross